Andrew J. Billups is a licensed clinical psychologist, forensic psychologist, academic coach, and professional trainer. Each of these professional activities is coordinated from the same physical location in Kilmarnock, Virginia. Details concerning his academic coaching practice can be found at www.chesapeakecoaching.com.
Education and Training:
- Doctorate in Clinical Psychology from The Virginia Consortium Program in Clinical Psychology in Norfolk, Virginia
- Internship in Clinical Psychology (with a concentration in Behavioral Medicine) from the Eastern Virginia Graduate School of Medicine in Norfolk, Virginia
- Master of Science in Applied Psychology from Virginia Commonwealth University in Richmond, Virginia
- Bachelor of Science from King College in Bristol, Tennessee
Postdoctoral study at the Institute for Law, Psychiatry, and Public Policy at the University of Virginia in Charlottesville, Virginia.
Licensure and Certification:
- Licensed in Clinical Psychology
- Certified in Traumatology
- Qualified by statute to conduct forensic psychological evaluations
- Virginia Academy of Clinical Psychologists
- American Society of Clinical Hypnosis
He has practiced in a variety of public and private settings and has taught at various colleges and universities in Tidewater, Virginia. He has taught continuing education courses for PESI at various sites in Nebraska, New England, and Northern Virginia.
He is a sometime student pilot and is working on blues guitar!
He, his wife, and their three dogs make their home in Kilmarnock, Virginia